Visitors to Rugby are sure to enjoy the bars and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Ricoh Arena, Warwick Castle and New Walk Museum.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Rugby
- The closest major airport is in Coventry (CVT), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rugby
Ricoh Arena, Warwick Castle and New Walk Museum are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Jewry Wall and Leicester Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Rugby. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Brownsover Hall Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Green Man Pub - Our customers like the bar and clean, quiet rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 2-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Draycote Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Highcross Shopping Centre, 19 mi/30.6 km from the city centre, and National Exhibition Centre (NEC), which is 19.8 mi (31.8 km) away.
Getting around Rugby
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Rugby Station. Rugby may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Rugby
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rugby is 26 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 2°C