Visitors can enjoy all that Richmond has to offer including the sporting events, waterfront and cafes. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Around the area, top sights include Tilden Regional Park, Greek Theater and Angel Island.
- You'll find 121 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Concord
- The closest major airport is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Richmond
The city's cultural venues include Richmond Museum of History and Golden State Model Railroad Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Craneway Pavilion and Nevin Community Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Richmond. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Mac - This 2.5-star hotel in Point Richmond features free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and convenient parking.
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Point Richmond - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Point Richmond can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn Richmond San Francisco - Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Richmond Annex can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Tilden Regional Park, 5.5 mi/8.8 km from the city centre, and Greek Theater, which is 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away.
Getting around Richmond
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Richmond Transit Center. Richmond might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Richmond
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 623 millimetres of rain falls on Richmond each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C