Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Minehead, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, bars, and coffeehouses. This seaside city also attracts visitors with its welcoming and walkable ambiance.
- There are 9 Minehead hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 17.4 mi (28.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Minehead
- Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Porlock Weir Harbour is one place to visit
- Dovery Manor Museum and Bakelite Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Popular family attractions include Greencombe Gardens and Lynton and Lymouth Cliff Railway
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit like Dunster Castle
- The seaside, countryside, and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Dunkery Beacon, Minehead Beach, and Watersmeet House
Getting around Minehead
There are many transportation options in Minehead. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Minehead
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- The Gables, averaging GBP 105.71/night
- Overstream Guest House, averaging GBP 92.29/night
The Gables, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Overstream Guest House has a 4.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Minehead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Minehead is 957 millimetres