Visitors to Lynton are sure to enjoy the cafes and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and its breweries. Exmoor National Park, Dunster Castle and Ilfracombe Harbour are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Lynton
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 29.7 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lynton
Attractions like Lynton and Lymouth Cliff Railway and Valley of the Rocks are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Exmoor National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lee Abbey and Lynton Cinema.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Lynton. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- South View Guest House - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Fernery - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and location at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Fernleigh Guest House - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and walkable location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Dunster Castle, located 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city centre, and Ilfracombe Harbour, which is 14.4 mi/23.2 km away.
Dressing for Lynton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lynton is 960.70 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C