Visitors to Minehead are sure to enjoy the gardens, port and cafes. The cosy and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Exmoor National Park and Dunster Castle.
- There are 115 hotels and other accommodation options in Minehead
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 30.9 mi (49.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Minehead
Cultural venues in the city include Dovery Manor Museum, Allerford Museum and Dunster Dolls Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Dunster Castle, Holnicote Estate and Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Exmoor National Park, Dunkery Beacon and Minehead Beach.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Bakelite Museum, 11.9 mi/19.1 km from the city centre, and Barry Island Beach, which is 21 mi (33.7 km) away.
Dressing for Minehead
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Minehead is 960.70 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C