Visitors to Dunster are sure to enjoy the restaurants, gardens and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Top sights in the city include Dunster Castle and Exmoor National Park.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Dunster
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 31.4 mi (50.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunster
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Dunster Castle and Dunster Working Watermill. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Exmoor National Park and Dunster Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Dunster Dolls Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dunster. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dunster Castle Hotel - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Stags Head Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this inn. Amenities at this 3.5-star inn include free breakfast and a bar.
- Yarn Market Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Bakelite Museum, 5.4 mi/8.6 km from the heart of the city, and Barry Island Beach, which is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away.
Dressing for Dunster
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 957 millimetres of rain falls on Dunster each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C