Search Hotels in Platanias
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 27 Jul 2019
Travellers to Platanias give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its wineries. Top sights in the city include Platanias Beach and Samaria Gorge.
- There are 365 hotels and other accommodation options in Platanias
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis), 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Platanias
Notable city landmarks like Platanias Square and War Shelter of Platanias might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Platanias Beach, Samaria Gorge and Botanical Park and Gardens of Crete. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ravdouha Beach and Afrata Beach.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Chania Lighthouse, located 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city centre, and Old Venetian Harbour, which is 11.4 mi/18.3 km away.
Dressing for Platanias
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Platanias gets about 481.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Platanias?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Platanias, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Platanias?
What's the best hotel for families in Platanias?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Platanias?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Platanias?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Platanias?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Platanias?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Platanias?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Platanias?
Platanias Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Platanias by Star Rating
- Hotels near Platanias Airports
- Accommodation near Platanias Attractions
- More accommodation types in Platanias
- Choose Your Platanias Hotel Style
- Search Platanias Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Platanias
- Hotels Near Platanias, Crete
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends