Travellers to Pacifica give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. The relaxing and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include San Francisco Zoo, Twin Peaks and Golden Gate Park.
- You'll find 810 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pacifica
The beaches, sunsets and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Rockaway Beach and Pacifica State Beach. Surfing is just one of the top activities, while Pacifica Pier and Sharp Park Golf Course are sights to visit. In the area, you'll also find San Francisco Zoo and Twin Peaks.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Pacifica. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pacifica - This 2.5-star hotel in Rockaway Beach features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Inn at Rockaway - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Rockaway Beach can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Pacifica Beach Hotel - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Linda Mar can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Golden Gate Park, located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre, and Japanese Tea Garden, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Dressing for Pacifica
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 792 millimetres of rain falls on Pacifica each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 9°C