Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 13 Nov 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 5 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 19 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 4 Jan 2021
Visiting Half Moon Bay
Travellers to Half Moon Bay give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Stanford Shopping Center, Shoreline Park and San Francisco Zoo.
- You'll find 972 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Half Moon Bay
The beaches, hiking trails and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mavericks, Half Moon Bay State Beach and Venice Beach in Half Moon Bay are worth a visit. Surfing is just one of the top activities, while Half Moon Bay Golf Links and Pillar Point Harbor are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dunes Beach and Pelican Point Beach.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Half Moon Bay. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mill Rose Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stanford Shopping Center, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city centre, and Shoreline Park, which is 18.9 mi/30.4 km away.
Dressing for Half Moon Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Half Moon Bay is 720.10 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 5°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Half Moon Bay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Half Moon Bay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best place to stay for families in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best boutique hotel in Half Moon Bay?
What's the best golf hotel in Half Moon Bay?
Half Moon Bay Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Half Moon Bay by Star Rating
- Hotels near Half Moon Bay Airports
- Areas of Half Moon Bay
- Accommodation near Half Moon Bay Attractions
- More accommodation types in Half Moon Bay
- Choose Your Half Moon Bay Hotel Style
- Search Half Moon Bay Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Half Moon Bay
- Hotels Near Half Moon Bay, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends