Visitors to Martigny are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, museums and art. Top sights around the area include Sea of Ice, Aigle Castle and Planards Adventure Park.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Martigny
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Martigny
The city's cultural venues include Saint-Bernard Museum and Pierre Gianadda Foundation. Notable city landmarks like Roman Amphitheatre and Batiaz Chateau might be worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Sea of Ice and Aigle Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Martigny. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Martigny Boutique-Hôtel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Hotel-Restaurant du Stand - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Vatel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to see in the area include Planards Adventure Park, 15.9 mi/25.6 km from the heart of the city, and Aiguille du Midi Cable Car, which is 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away.
Getting around Martigny
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Martigny Station or Vernayaz MC Station. Martigny might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Martigny
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Martigny gets about 802.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C