Visitors to Marrero are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, architecture and cathedral. Top sights around the area include Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park and Mardi Gras World.
- You'll find 1654 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 11 mi (17.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Marrero
Favourite places to visit in the city include Bella Terra Park, Ames Shopping Center and Lapalco Village Shopping Center. Additionally, you might want to add Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve to your agenda.
This is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Marrero - New Orleans West - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Popular places to see around the area include Audubon Zoo, 2.9 mi/4.7 km from the heart of the city, and Audubon Park, which is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
Dressing for Marrero
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 14°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 20°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Marrero is 1691.20 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 8°C