Families will find kid-friendly activities in Harvey, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, casinos and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Mardi Gras World, Port of New Orleans and National World War II Museum.
- You'll find 1644 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Harvey
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Manhattan Plaza Shopping Center is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Boomtown Casino to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Harvey. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Holiday Inn Express Harvey-Marrero - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Best Western Plus Westbank - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Mardi Gras World, located 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city centre, and Port of New Orleans, which is 4.8 mi/7.8 km away.
Dressing for Harvey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 1692 millimetres of rain falls on Harvey each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 34°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C