Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, bars, and spas in Colchester. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and relaxing, countryside city can discover its coffeehouses, sporting events, and golfing.
- Though not directly in Colchester, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Southend-on-Sea (SEN-Southend Municipal), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Colchester
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Colchester Golf Club, Benton Hall Golf and Country Club, and Towerlands Park Golf Course are favourite sights to visit
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Layer Marney Tower, Colchester Castle Museum, and Hedingham Castle
Getting around Colchester
There are many transportation options in Colchester. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Colchester Marks Tey Station.
Staying in Colchester
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Best Western Marks Tey Hotel, averaging GBP 96.36 per night. Best Western Marks Tey Hotel, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Colchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Colchester each year