History buffs will enjoy exploring Malcesine, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Cultural and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights in the city include Castello Scaligeri and Mount Baldo.
- There are 135 hotels and other accommodation options in Malcesine
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 25.5 mi (41 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 33 mi (53.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Malcesine
Attractions like Malcesine-Monte Baldo Cableway and San Michele - Mount Baldo Cableway are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Castello Scaligeri and Palazzo dei Capitani. The lakes and mountains exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Mount Baldo and Parco Alto Garda Bresciano.
In Limone sul Garda, you'll find 135 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Vega - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Castello Lake Front - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hotel Oasi Beach - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to visit in the area include La Rocca, located 8.4 mi (13.6 km) from the city centre, and Tower of Apponale, which is 8.4 mi/13.6 km away.
Dressing for Malcesine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Malcesine gets about 696 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C