Guests are sure to enjoy the restaurants, football and shopping in Leverkusen. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, cultural city can discover its sporting events, coffeehouses and soccer.
- There are 8 Leverkusen hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas July is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Cologne (CGN-Cologne - Bonn), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Leverkusen
- Popular cultural attractions include Romano-Germanic Museum, Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, and Volkstheater Millowitsch
- Notable landmarks include Cologne Cathedral, Great St. Martin Church, and Alter Markt
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Rathaus Galerie, Hof 242, and Shops at City Center Porz
- Sports fans will find lots to cheer with football and soccer as top reasons to visit and events to attend at BayArena, Rhein Energie Stadium, and LANXESS Arena
Getting around Leverkusen
With transport options aplenty, getting around Leverkusen is easy. Nearby metro stations include Leverkusen-Kueppersteg S-Bahn and Schlebusch U-Bahn. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Leverkusen Center Station, Leverkusen Schlebusch Station or Leverkusen Opladen Station.
Staying in Leverkusen
With 8 hotels and other accommodations in Leverkusen, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 6 hotels ranging from GBP 60 to GBP 98 per night.
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Lindner Hotel BayArena
- Best Western Leoso Hotel Leverkusen
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might like these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Hotel Sechzehn
- Landgasthaus Jägerhof
Hotel Sechzehn, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Landgasthaus Jägerhof and Lindner Hotel BayArena.
Dressing for Leverkusen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 21°C, whereas the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- About 626 millimetres of rain falls on Leverkusen each year