History buffs will enjoy exploring Lanark, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its riverfront, waterfalls and bars. Top sights around the area include New Lanark and Livingston Designer Outlet.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Lanark
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lanark
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as New Lanark. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Falls of the Clyde. Additionally, you might want to add Little Sparta to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lanark. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Station House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- New Lanark Mill Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Celtic Park, 20.5 mi/33 km from the city centre, and Hampden Park, which is 21.2 mi (34.1 km) away.
Getting around Lanark
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lanark Station or Lanark Carstairs Station. Lanark may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lanark
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Lanark gets about 701.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are March and February with an average of 1°C