Search Hotels in Jersey City
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Sep 2020
Where to stay in Jersey City
Downtown Jersey City
4.5/5Wonderful!(23 area reviews)
Facing Manhattan from the west side of the Hudson River, Downtown Jersey City is packed with parks and historic neighborhoods.
If you're spending some time in The Waterfront, Newport Mall and Newport Center Mall are top sights worth seeing.
Unique features of Newport include the river views and bars. Make a stop by Newport Center Mall or Newport Mall while you're exploring the area.
While visiting Colgate Center, you might make a stop by sights like Colgate Clock and Goldman Sachs Tower.
While visiting Historic Downtown, you might make a stop by sights like Hamilton Park and Jersey City Public Library.
Visiting Jersey City
Travellers to Jersey City give high marks for the riverfront, fun sporting events and shopping. Urban and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include Colgate Clock, Newport Mall and Liberty State Park.
- There are 535 hotels and other accommodation options in Jersey City
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jersey City
Cultural venues in the city include Liberty Science Center, Jersey City Museum and Loew's Jersey Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Colgate Clock, Journal Square and Hudson and Manhattan Railroad Powerhouse. The rivers and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Liberty State Park, Hoboken Waterfront and Hamilton Park.
Other favourite sights in Jersey City include Newport Mall, MetLife Stadium and Newport Center Mall. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Ellis Island Immigration Museum, 1.3 mi/2.1 km from the city centre, and Ellis Island, which is 1.4 mi/2.2 km away.
Getting around Jersey City
With so many transport options, seeing Jersey City is a breeze. Head to Bergenline Avenue Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Jersey City Grove St. Station, Jersey City Marin Boulevard Station or Jersey City Harborside Financial Center Station.
Dressing for Jersey City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Jersey City gets about 1175 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Jersey City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jersey City, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Jersey City?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Jersey City?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Jersey City?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Jersey City?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Jersey City?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Jersey City?
What's the best boutique hotel in Jersey City?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Jersey City?
What are some hotels with pools in Jersey City?
Jersey City Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Jersey City by Star Rating
- Hotels near Jersey City Airports
- Areas of Jersey City
- Accommodation near Jersey City Attractions
- More accommodation types in Jersey City
- Choose Your Jersey City Hotel Style
- Search Jersey City Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Jersey City
- Hotels Near Jersey City, New Jersey
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends