Visiting Union City
Union City's accommodation options make it a great destination for budget-minded travellers, but all guests will enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, urban city has to offer, including its architecture, churches and skyscrapers.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Union City
- Popular cultural attractions include Park Performing Arts Center, Broadway, and Ellis Island Immigration Museum
- Families come for attractions such as Bronx Zoo, Chelsea Piers, and Field Station Dinosaurs
- Its churches and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Times Square, Empire State Building, and Rockefeller Center
- Central Park, The Rock, and Battery Park are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Macy's, Barney's and Bloomingdale's
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Madison Square Garden, MetLife Stadium or Yankee Stadium
Getting around Union City
Union City has plenty of options for transport. Head to Bergenline Avenue Station for metro transit.
Staying in Union City
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may appreciate Explore Hotel & Hostel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Explore Hotel & Hostel with a 3.8 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Union City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Union City gets about 1273 millimetres of rain per year