Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 2 Jun 2020
Where to stay in Newark
Travellers to Newark give high marks for the fun sporting events, live music scene and theatre. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting. Top sights in the city include Prudential Center, Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall and Cape Liberty Cruise Port.
- There are 159 hotels and other accommodation options in Newark
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newark
The city is well known for its live music and theatres, and cultural venues include New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Wellmont Theatre and Newark Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Pleasantdale Chateau, Cathedral of the Sacred Heart and Thomas Edison National Historic Site. The city's natural beauty is on display at Military Park, South Mountain Reservation and New York Harbor.
Other favourite sights in Newark include Prudential Center, Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall and Cape Liberty Cruise Port. Popular places to see around the area include Journal Square, located 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Newport Mall, which is 7 mi/11.3 km away.
Getting around Newark
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Newark is simple. Nearby metro stations include Military Park Station, Washington Street Station and NJPAC - Center Street Station. If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Newark Penn Station, Newark Broad St Station or Harrison Station.
Dressing for Newark
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Newark is 1174.80 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Newark?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newark, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Newark?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Newark?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Newark?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Newark?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Newark?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Newark?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Newark?
What are some hotels with pools in Newark?
Newark Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Newark by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newark Airports
- Areas of Newark
- Accommodation near Newark Attractions
- More accommodation types in Newark
- Choose Your Newark Hotel Style
- Search Newark Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Newark
- Hotels Near Newark, New Jersey
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends