Travellers to Secaucus give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and entertainment choices. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. MetLife Stadium, Manhattan Cruise Terminal and Beacon Theater are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 617 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Jersey City
- The closest major airport is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Secaucus
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Riverbend Wetlands Preserve. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mill Creek Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Meadowlands Exposition Center and Field Station Dinosaurs.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Secaucus. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness centre and a bar.
- Courtyard by Marriott Secaucus Meadowlands - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include MetLife Stadium, 1.9 mi/3.1 km from the heart of the city, and Manhattan Cruise Terminal, which is 3.5 mi (5.6 km) away.
Getting around Secaucus
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Frank R. Lautenberg Secaucus Station. Secaucus might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Secaucus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Secaucus is 1209.70 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C