Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Honiton, which is also known for its bars and cafes. The welcoming and countryside setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Lyme Regis Beach.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Honiton
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Honiton
Lyme Regis Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Escot Park and The Donkey Sanctuary in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Honiton. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Splatthayes B&B - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Court Hall - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to the airport at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine.
- Greyhound Country Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Exmoor National Park, located 30.1 mi (48.4 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Honiton
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Honiton Station or Honiton Feniton Station. Honiton might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Honiton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Honiton gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C