Visitors can enjoy all that Hendaye has to offer including the rivers, casinos and mountain views. Hendaye Beach, Monte Urgull and Concha Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 187 hotels and other accommodation options in Hendaye
- The closest major airport is in San Sebastian (EAS), 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 14.3 mi (22.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hendaye
Favourite places to visit in the city include Hendaye Beach, Abbadia Castle and Plage des Deux Jumeaux. Additionally, you might want to add Erdiko Ura to your agenda.
In Hondarribia, you'll find 187 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Valencia - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Serge Blanco Thalasso & Spa - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa and a restaurant.
- Campanile Hendaye - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers love its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit in the area include Monte Urgull, located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Concha Beach, which is 11.2 mi/18.1 km away.
Getting around Hendaye
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Hendaye Station or Les Deux Jumeaux Station. Hendaye might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hendaye
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- About 762.70 millimetres of rain falls on Hendaye each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C