Visitors to Saint-Jean-de-Luz are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, churches and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Hendaye Beach, Cote des Basques and Biarritz Aquarium.
- There are 278 hotels and other accommodation options in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- The closest major airport is in San Sebastian (EAS), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 8.7 mi (14 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
The city is notable for landmarks like Maison Louis XIV, Church of St-Jean-Baptiste and Maison de l'Infante. The city's natural beauty is on display at St-Jean-de-Luz Beach, Erromardie Beach and Lafitenia Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port de Saint-Jean-de-Luz and Chantaco Golf Club.
In Bidart, you'll find 278 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Hôtel Le Relais Saint Jacques - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a terrace and free WiFi.
- Hôtel Bel Air - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Hendaye Beach, 5.7 mi/9.2 km from the city centre, and Cote des Basques, which is 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away.
Getting around Saint-Jean-de-Luz
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Saint Jean De Luz Ciboure Station. Saint-Jean-de-Luz might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 5°C