Travellers to Biarritz give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and monuments. Top sights in the city include Casino Barriere, Grand Beach and Biarritz Aquarium.
- There are 471 hotels and other accommodation options in Biarritz
- The closest major airport is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Sebastian (EAS), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Biarritz
Cultural venues in the city include Asiatica Museum of Asian Art, Biarritz Historic Museum and City of the Ocean Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Biarritz Lighthouse, Villa Beltza and Virgin's Rock. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Grand Beach, Cote des Basques and Marbella Beach.
In Anglet, you can choose from 471 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel St-Julien - This 3-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre features parking, a library and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel Au Bon Coin - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre can enjoy access to a business centre and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Villa Koegui - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre can enjoy access to a bar and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Biarritz include Casino Barriere and Biarritz Aquarium. Popular places to see outside the city include Anglet Beach, located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city centre, and Musee Basque, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away.
Getting around Biarritz
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Biarritz Station. Biarritz may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Biarritz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Biarritz is 30 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C