Visiting Gros Islet
Travellers to Gros Islet give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its live music, cafes and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Reduit Beach, Daren Sammy Cricket Ground and Rodney Bay Marina.
- There are 177 hotels and other accommodation options in Gros Islet
- The closest major airport is in Castries (SLU-George F. L. Charles), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Vieux Fort (UVF-Hewanorra Intl.), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gros Islet
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Reduit Beach, Bonne Terre Tropical Gardens and Cas en Bas Beach. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Baywalk Shopping Mall and Friday Night Street Party. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Daren Sammy Cricket Ground and Rodney Bay Marina are sights to visit.
In Castries, you'll find 177 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Landings Resort & Spa by Elegant Hotels - This 4.5-star resort features 4 outdoor pools, a casino and 3 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Harbor Club St. Lucia, Curio Collection by Hilton - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and overall condition at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 4 outdoor pools, 5 restaurants and free breakfast.
- Apartment Espoir - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Pigeon Island National Park, located 2.5 mi (4 km) from the heart of the city, and Marigot Bay, which is 8.6 mi (13.9 km) away.
Dressing for Gros Islet
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 20°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 21°C at night
- About 1101.80 millimetres of rain falls on Gros Islet each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°C