Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Sep 2017
History buffs enjoy visiting Erice though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, cathedral and art. Top sights in the city include Venere Castle and Trapani-Erice Cable Car.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodation options in Erice
- The closest major airport is in Trapani (TPS-Vicenzo Florio), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Palermo (PMO-Punta Raisi), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Erice
Cultural venues in the city include Venere Castle, Torretta Pepoli and Civic Museum Cordici. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Trapani-Erice Cable Car, Monastery of Santissimo Salvatore, and Church of San Giuliano. The picturesque setting of Giardino del Balio and San Giuliano Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty.
Popular places to see in the area include Pepoli Regional Museum, located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre, and Cathedral of San Lorenzo, which is 4.6 mi (7.4 km) away.
Dressing for Erice
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Erice is 523.30 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C