Visitors to Dornoch are sure to enjoy the golf courses, bars and restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its beaches. A top sight in the city is North Sea.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Dornoch
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Dornoch
Notable city landmarks like Skibo Castle and Dornoch Cathedral might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: North Sea, Dornoch Beach and Embo Beach. Golfing is a top activity, and Royal Dornoch Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Dornoch. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Steading - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Dornoch Castle Hotel - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine.
Dressing for Dornoch
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Dornoch gets about 916.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C