Search Hotels in Castleford
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 28 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 3 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 23 Dec 2020
Visitors to Castleford are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, shopping and parks. Around the area, top sights include Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, Temple Newsam House and Royal Armouries.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Castleford
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 21.7 mi (35 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castleford
The city's cultural venues include Castleford Phoenix Theatre and Castleford Forum Library and Museum. The picturesque setting of Castleford Queens Park and Fairburn Ings exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Xscape Yorkshire and Junction 32 Outlet Shopping Village.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Wheldale Hotel - This 2-star inn features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
Top places to visit outside the city include Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, located 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre, and Temple Newsam House, which is 6 mi (9.6 km) away.
Getting around Castleford
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Castleford Station or Glasshoughton Station. Castleford may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Castleford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Castleford gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Castleford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Castleford, will I receive a refund?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Castleford?
Castleford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Castleford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Castleford Airports
- Accommodation near Castleford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Castleford
- Choose Your Castleford Hotel Style
- Search Castleford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Castleford
- Hotels Near Castleford, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends