Travellers to Knottingley will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, Temple Newsam House and Royal Armouries are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Knottingley
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Knottingley
Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, Temple Newsam House and Royal Armouries are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Thackray Medical Museum and Roundhay Park.
As you plan your holiday to Knottingley, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 52 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Ibis budget Leeds Centre Crown Point Road is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of Knottingley. This hotel in Knottingley features free breakfast.
- The Grand Hotel & Spa is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from central Knottingley. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Leeds can enjoy access to laundry facilities and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the centre of Knottingley. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in York can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include First Direct Arena, located 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city centre, and National Coal Mining Museum, which is 16.4 mi/26.4 km away.
Getting around Knottingley
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Knottingley Station. Knottingley may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Knottingley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Knottingley gets about 19 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C