Search Hotels in Oulton
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 28 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 3 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 23 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 25 Sep 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oulton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, bars and golf courses. Temple Newsam House, Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve and Royal Armouries are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Oulton
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oulton
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Temple Newsam House, Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve and Royal Armouries. In the area, you'll also find Thackray Medical Museum and First Direct Arena.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Bridge Farm Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Roundhay Park, located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Kirkstall Abbey, which is 7.9 mi/12.7 km away.
Getting around Oulton
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Woodlesford Station. Oulton might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Oulton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Oulton gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C