Visitors to Battle are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, coffee shops and churches. Top sights around the area include Battle Abbey and Battlefield, Herstmonceux Castle and Bodiam Castle.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Battle
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 32 mi (51.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Battle
Notable city landmarks like Battle Abbey and Battlefield and Church of St Mary the Virgin might be worth a visit. The gardens and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include English Channel and Blackhorse Quarry. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Battle Golf Club and Gardens and Battle Museum of Local History.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Battle. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sedlescombe Golf Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- St Benedict's Byre - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 2-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Claverton Country House Hotel - This 5-star country house features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Herstmonceux Castle, located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre, and Bodiam Castle, which is 7.3 mi/11.8 km away.
Getting around Battle
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Battle Station or Battle Crowhurst Station. Battle may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Battle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Battle is 735.20 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C