Nourished by natural hot springs, Bath offers a unique experience with stunning architecture, great shopping and iconic attractions. Use this site to discover more and book accommodation and hotels in Bath and the surrounding countryside.(tourist site)
· Former Spa resort in Jane Austen days
· Georgian architecture
· Stunning architecture and breathtaking scenery
· UNESCO World Heritage City
· Roman baths by torchlight
· Prior Park landscape garden
· Bath theatre royal
· If you fancy a day of pampering why not book a couples' treatment at Champneys or Thermae Bath Spa. Or, you can hire the Cross Bath at Thermae Bath Spa, fed by its own natural spring, for just the two of you. Alternatively, make the most of Bath's natural thermal waters with a one day spa package experience that spans 2000 years! The special package includes a ticket to the Roman Baths, a voucher for a 3 course lunch or Champagne afternoon tea in the Pump Room and a voucher for a 2 hour spa session at Thermae Bath Spa.
· During your visit make sure you take time out to explore the beautiful countryside surrounding Bath. For something different enjoy a boating trip on the River Avon.
· If you are looking for an intimate spot to pop the question, escape to Prior Park Landscape Garden with the beautiful Palladian bridge or see our other ideas for places to propose.
Museums, Historical Buildings and Tours
Marvel at the natural hot spring pools and the majestic architecture at this well-preserved ancient site.
Built in the Gothic style, this prestigious church is a popular pilgrimage destination and an important city landmark.
Enjoy the student vibe with a visit to University of Bath, a top university in Bath. Visit the shops and spas in this walkable area.
This semicircular terrace of townhouses is one of Bath’s most well-known landmarks.
Immerse yourself in the world of Jane Austen at this museum or relax in the tea room as her famous characters often did.
One of the oldest working theaters in Britain hosts dramas, comedies, operas and even a few ghosts in a stunning Georgian building .
Venture outside of London to soak up the history and culture beyond the city limits. Step onto the royal grounds of Windsor Castle early in the morning to avoid the crowds, ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, and roam the UNESCO-listed stone streets of Bath after lunch in traditional English pub.
Soak up the historical and cultural significance of 4 key British heritage sites. Explore the mysterious rock formation of Stonehenge, before visiting the spectacular Salisbury Cathedral. Then spend your afternoon in the Georgian-era spa town of Bath, before a visit to Windsor Castle.
Explore sprawling Windsor Castle, the official residence of Her Majesty The Queen. Discover the enigmatic rock formations of UNESCO-designated Stonehenge, and take time to wander through the beautiful streets of the Georgian city of Bath.
Spend a delightful day exploring the English countryside on this day trip from London. Discover the royal town of Windsor and the picture-perfect city of Bath, where you can enjoy lunch in a cozy, traditional pub (onw expense).
Circle the sights of Bath - a World Heritage UNESCO Site - at your own pace on a double-decker bus. This hop-on hop-off tour takes you all around the city’s major attractions including Royal Crescent, the Abbey, and the Roman Baths.
Explore more than 5,000 years of history in one day on this fantastic full-day small group experience to two of England's UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Stonehenge and Bath. Visit the Neolithic site at Stonehenge and the beautiful city of Bath, with the option to enjoy a traditional cream tea on the banks of the River Avon.