Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Ballachulish, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its mountain views and bars. Top sights in the city include Loch Linnhe and Lochaber Geopark. In Ballachulish, there are 18 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballachulish
The city's cultural venues include Glen Coe Visitor Centre and Glencoe Folk Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: Loch Linnhe, Lochaber Geopark and Buchaille Etive Mor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glen Coe Mountain Resort and Loch Leven.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ballachulish. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- RiverBeds Lodges with Hot Tubs - This 3.5-star lodge features a golf course, free breakfast and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Romantik Hotel Glencoe House - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Isles Of Glencoe Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Top places to see outside the city include Ben Nevis, 11.8 mi/19 km from the city centre, and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, which is 30.3 mi/48.7 km away.
Dressing for Ballachulish
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Ballachulish gets about 1323 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C