Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Appin, which is also known for its bars and mountain views. The welcoming and secluded setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Loch Linnhe and Lochaber Geopark. In Appin, there are 12 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Appin
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: Loch Linnhe, Lochaber Geopark and Highland Titles Nature Reserve. Additionally, you might want to add Castle Stalker to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Appin. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Pierhouse Hotel - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- The Holly Tree Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Ben Nevis, located 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Loch Awe, which is 20.6 mi/33.2 km away.
Dressing for Appin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 1323 millimetres of rain falls on Appin each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C