Visitors to Avondale are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, shopping and live music. Around the area, top sights include Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park and Smoothie King Center.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Avondale
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Avondale
A favourite place to visit in the city is TPC Louisiana. Additionally, in the area you'll find Audubon Zoo and Audubon Park.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Avondale - New Orleans - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Smoothie King Center, located 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Mercedes-Benz Superdome, which is 7.4 mi (11.9 km) away.
Dressing for Avondale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Avondale gets about 1588 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C