Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Westwego, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and cafes. Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park and Smoothie King Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1646 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Westwego
Favourite places to visit in the city include NOLA Motorsports Park, TPC Louisiana and Bayou Segnette State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Thomas Jefferson Park and Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve.
This is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Avondale - New Orleans - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Audubon Zoo, 4.6 mi/7.4 km from the city centre, and Audubon Park, which is 4.9 mi (7.8 km) away.
Dressing for Westwego
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 14°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 20°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- Westwego gets about 1588 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 8°C