Search Hotels in Austin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
Where to stay in Austin
4.5/5Wonderful!(36 area reviews)
This happening area is the place to go for the top-quality entertainment, dining and shopping that has made Austin famous.
4/5Very Good!(10 area reviews)
The abundant dining options and stunning river views are top of the list for many visitors to South Congress. A stop by South Congress Avenue or Lady Bird Lake might round out your trip.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
While visiting Zilker, you might make a stop by sights like Lady Bird Lake and Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum.
4/5Very Good!(4 area reviews)
A resident population of university students and multicultural communities enliven this southern Austin neighborhood, which borders the city’s green parkland.
East Cesar Chavez
While you're in East Cesar Chavez, take in top sights like Lady Bird Lake and jump on the metro at Plaza Saltillo Station to see more of the city.
Travellers to Austin give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices and festivals. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its theatres, art and university setting. Top sights in the city include Sixth Street, Governor's Mansion and Texas State Capitol.
- There are 2012 hotels and other accommodation options in Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 55 mi (88.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Austin
Known for its live music, festivals and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, Blanton Museum of Art and Paramount Theater. Attractions like Barton Springs Pool, Austin Zoo and Austin Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like University of Texas Tower, Frost Bank Tower and Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue.
In Lakeway, there are 2012 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Heywood Hotel - This 3-star hotel in East Austin features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- Kimber Modern - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in South Congress can enjoy access to free breakfast and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Eleven - This 3-star hotel in East Austin features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Austin include Sixth Street, Governor's Mansion and Texas State Capitol.
Getting around Austin
With so many transport options, seeing Austin is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Downtown Station, Plaza Saltillo Station and Martin Luther King Jr Station. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Austin Station.
Dressing for Austin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 37°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 872 millimetres of rain falls on Austin each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Austin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Austin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Austin?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Austin?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Austin?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Austin?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Austin?
What's the best luxury hotel in Austin?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Austin?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Austin?
Austin Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Austin by Star Rating
- Hotels near Austin Airports
- Areas of Austin
- Accommodation near Austin Attractions
- More accommodation types in Austin
- Choose Your Austin Hotel Style
- Search Austin Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Austin
- Hotels Near Austin, Texas
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends