Visiting Airlie Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Airlie Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and relaxing spas. Top sights around the area include Airlie Beach Lagoon, Hamilton Island Marina and Catseye Beach.
- There are 250 hotels and other accommodation options in Airlie Beach
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Airlie Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Airlie Beach Lagoon, Cannonvale Beach and Boathaven Beach. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Airlie Beach Market, Whitsunday Shopping Centre and Whitsunday Plaza. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and exploring the coral reef, while Port of Airlie, Abell Point Marina and Shute Harbour Jetty are favourite sights to visit.
In Jubilee Pocket, you can choose from 250 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Airlie Waterfront Bed & Breakfast - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking and a spa tub. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Freedom Shores - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Island View Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Whitehaven Beach, 20.7 mi/33.3 km from the city centre, and Hamilton Island Marina, which is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away.
Getting around Airlie Beach
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Airlie Beach is a breeze. If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Proserpine Station. You can learn about water transport options at the marina.
Dressing for Airlie Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 18°C
- Average annual rainfall for Airlie Beach is 48 millimetres
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 14°C