Visitors can enjoy all that Proserpine has to offer including the art, restaurants and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Airlie Beach Lagoon.
- You'll find 250 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Airlie Beach
- The closest major airport is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 25 mi (40.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Proserpine
A favourite place to visit in the city is Proserpine Museum. Additionally, you'll find Airlie Beach Lagoon in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Proserpine, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 10 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- A & A Motel is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star motel in Proserpine can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Proserpine Motel is 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star motel in Proserpine features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities.
Getting around Proserpine
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Proserpine Station. Proserpine might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Proserpine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 18°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Proserpine is 42 millimetres
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C