Visiting Daydream Island
Visitors to Daydream Island are sure to enjoy the coral reefs and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Whitehaven Beach, Airlie Beach Lagoon and Hamilton Island Marina.
- There are 461 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daydream Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Daydream Beach and Daydream Reef. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and snorkelling, while Daydream Port is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Whitehaven Beach and Airlie Beach Lagoon.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Daydream Island Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to visit in the area include Hamilton Island Marina, located 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city centre, and Catseye Beach, which is 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away.
Dressing for Daydream Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 18°C as the night-time average
- Daydream Island gets about 1281.00 millimetres of rain per year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C