Visitors to Zandvoort are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, bars and coffee shops. Top sights in the city include Circuit Park Zandvoort and Zandvoort Beach.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodation options in Zandvoort
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zandvoort
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Zandvoort Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Circuit Park Zandvoort to your agenda.
In Noordwijk, there are 57 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Grand Cafe XL - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Beachhouse Hotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a terrace and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Amsterdam Beach Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Keukenhof Gardens, 7 mi/11.3 km from the city centre, and Vondelpark, which is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away.
Getting around Zandvoort
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Zandvoort aan Zee Station. Zandvoort might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Zandvoort
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 1945 millimetres of rain falls on Zandvoort each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C