Search Hotels in Yangon
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers to Yangon give high marks for the temples, lakeside setting and Chinatown. Cultural and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Shwedagon Pagoda, Inya Lake and Sule Pagoda.
- There are 312 hotels and other accommodation options in Yangon
- The closest major airport is in Yangon (RGN-Yangon Intl.), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Yangon
Cultural venues in the city include Yangon National Theatre, Myanmar Gems Museum and National Museum of Myanmar. Its temples and China town are notable and landmarks include Shwedagon Pagoda, Sule Pagoda and Botataung Pagoda. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Inya Lake, Kandawgyi Lake and People's Park.
Getting around Yangon
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Yangon Central Railway Station. Yangon might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Yangon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 17°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 37°C, whilst the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 33°C and night-time averages of 17°C
- Yangon gets about 99 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 36°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 18°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Yangon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Yangon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Yangon?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Yangon?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Yangon?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Yangon?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Yangon?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Yangon?
Yangon Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Yangon by Star Rating
- Hotels near Yangon Airports
- Areas of Yangon
- Accommodation near Yangon Attractions
- More accommodation types in Yangon
- Choose Your Yangon Hotel Style
- Search Yangon Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Yangon
- Hotels Near Yangon, Yangon Region
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends