Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Wooler, which is also known for its bars. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and cosy setting. Top sights around the area include Norham Castle, Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Wooler
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 38 mi (61.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wooler
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Northumberland National Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Norham Castle and Bamburgh Castle.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Wooler. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- East Horton Farmhouse - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- No1 Hotel & Wine Lounge - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Alnwick Castle, located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city centre, and Dunstanburgh Castle, which is 19.4 mi/31.3 km away.
Dressing for Wooler
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Wooler is 559.90 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C