History buffs will enjoy a visit to Seahouses and visitors are sure to appreciate the castle and monuments. Welcoming and cosy, this city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, bars, and beaches.
- There are 5 Seahouses hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 37.4 mi (60.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Seahouses
- Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle are popular cultural attractions
- Notable for its historic sites, castle, monuments, and landmarks such as Dunstanburgh Castle, St Aidan's Church, and Preston Tower
- The beach and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Ross Back Sands Beach, Beadnell Bay, and Bamburgh Beach are some places worth a visit
Seahouses is adjacent to Bamburgh. Top sights in the area include Warkworth Castle and RNLI Grace Darling Museum.
Staying in Seahouses
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- The School House - Guest House, averaging GBP 106.26/night
- Regal House, averaging GBP 115.86/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is The School House - Guest House with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating while Regal House has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Seahouses
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Seahouses each year