History buffs will enjoy exploring Bamburgh, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its bars and beaches. Top sights in the city include Bamburgh Castle, Bamburgh Beach and North Sea. In Bamburgh, there are 9 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bamburgh
The city's cultural venues include Bamburgh Castle and RNLI Grace Darling Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as St Aidan's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bamburgh Beach, North Sea and Farne Islands.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Bamburgh. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast is located in central Bamburgh. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Bamburgh can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi. Our customers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
- Lord Crewe Hotel is located in the heart of Bamburgh. This 4-star inn in Bamburgh features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Sunningdale Hotel is located within 0.2 mi (0.3 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Bamburgh can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Dunstanburgh Castle, 9.3 mi/14.9 km from the heart of the city, and Alnwick Castle, which is 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away.
Dressing for Bamburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Bamburgh each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C