Search Hotels in Whitsunday Islands
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Whitsunday Islands hotel prices
Reviewed on 22 Oct 2019
Visiting Whitsunday Islands
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Whitsunday Islands, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Whitehaven Beach, Catseye Beach and Hamilton Island Marina.
- There are 198 hotels and other accommodation options in Whitsunday Islands
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitsunday Islands
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Whitehaven Beach, Catseye Beach and Hayman Island Reef. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and snorkelling, while Hamilton Island Marina, Hamilton Island Golf Club and South Molle Island Jetty are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are WILD LIFE Hamilton Island and Pelican Island.
In Cape Conway, there are 198 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Qualia - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Beach Club - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Reef View Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Airlie Beach Lagoon, 19.9 mi/32.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Whitsunday Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 18°C
- Average annual rainfall for Whitsunday Islands is 48 millimetres
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 14°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Whitsunday Islands by Star Rating
- Hotels near Whitsunday Islands Airports
- Accommodation near Whitsunday Islands Attractions
- More accommodation types in Whitsunday Islands
- Choose Your Whitsunday Islands Hotel Style
- Search Whitsunday Islands Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Whitsunday Islands
- Hotels Near Whitsunday Islands, Queensland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends