Search Hotels in West Glamorgan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting West Glamorgan
Travellers to West Glamorgan give high marks for the bustling marina and lively bar scene. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its golf courses and university setting. Top sights in the city include Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea Beach and Oystermouth Castle.
- There are 160 hotels and other accommodation options in West Glamorgan
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Glamorgan
Cultural venues in the city include Dylan Thomas Centre, National Waterfront Museum and Grand Theatre. Attractions like Plantasia, LC Swansea and National Trust Rhossili Shop & Visitor Centre are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Oystermouth Castle, Oxwich Castle and Swansea Castle.
In Swansea, you can choose from 160 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Mirador Town House - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Myrtle Cottage B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Western House B and B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Llangennith, Llanmadoc and Cheriton features free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Other favourite sights in West Glamorgan include Swansea Beach, Singleton Park and Aberavon Beach. Top places to see outside the city include Castell Coch (Red Castle), located 29.5 mi (47.5 km) from the city centre, and Rhondda Valley, which is 21.8 mi/35.1 km away.
Getting around West Glamorgan
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of West Glamorgan is a breeze. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Llansamlet Station, Swansea Station or Skewen Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for West Glamorgan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- West Glamorgan gets about 739.10 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C
More trip options
- Hotels in West Glamorgan by Star Rating
- Hotels near West Glamorgan Airports
- Areas of West Glamorgan
- Accommodation near West Glamorgan Attractions
- More accommodation types in West Glamorgan
- Choose Your West Glamorgan Hotel Style
- Search West Glamorgan Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in West Glamorgan
- Hotels Near West Glamorgan, Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends