Search Hotels in Wantage
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 28 Sep 2020
Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Wantage, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Covered Market, Ashmolean Museum and University Church of St Mary the Virgin.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Wantage
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 18 mi (29 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wantage
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Covered Market, Ashmolean Museum and University Church of St Mary the Virgin. In the area, you'll also find Radcliffe Camera and Sheldonian Theatre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Wantage. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Greyhound Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Blowing Stone - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Manor Farm Bed & Breakfast - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and a coffee maker. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Oxford University Museum of Natural History, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the heart of the city, and Pitts Rivers Museum, which is 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away.
Dressing for Wantage
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 855 millimetres of rain falls on Wantage each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Wantage?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wantage, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Wantage?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Wantage?
Wantage Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Wantage by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wantage Airports
- Accommodation near Wantage Attractions
- More accommodation types in Wantage
- Choose Your Wantage Hotel Style
- Search Wantage Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Wantage
- Hotels Near Wantage, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends