History buffs will enjoy a visit to Thatcham, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, churches, and library. Welcoming and urban, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, bars, and university.
- There are 4 Thatcham hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, while September tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 33.2 mi (53.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Thatcham
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Newbury and Crookham Golf Club, Deanwood Park Golf Course, and Caversham Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Popular attractions include Thatcham Nature Discovery Centre and 4 Kingdoms Adventure Park
- Notable for its historic sites, churches, library, and landmarks such as Greenham Common, Mapledurham House and Watermill, and Reading Abbey Ruins
- The riverfront and countryside highlight the natural beauty, and Lardon Chase - the Holies and Lough Down, Basildon Park, and Prospect Park are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Oracle is a favourite locale for retail therapy
Getting around Thatcham
Thatcham has plenty of options for transportation. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Thatcham Station.
Staying in Thatcham
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Regency Park Hotel, averaging GBP 143.12 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- The Royal Oak, averaging GBP 157.83/night
- The Bunk Inn, averaging GBP 153.42/night
The Royal Oak, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are The Bunk Inn and Regency Park Hotel.
Dressing for Thatcham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Thatcham is 31 millimetres