Visiting Tarpon Springs
Visitors to Tarpon Springs are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and cathedral. Around the area, top sights include Tampa Bay Downs, Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Pier 60 Park.
- You'll find 3911 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarpon Springs
The city's cultural venues include Safford House Museum and Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center. Favourite family attractions include Tarpon Springs Aquarium and St Nicholas Boat Line. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunset Beach, Anclote River Park and Lake Tarpon.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Tarpon Springs. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Quality Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs South - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Tarpon Shores Inn - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Top places to see in the area include Tampa Bay Downs, located 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city centre, and Clearwater Marine Aquarium, which is 12.5 mi (20 km) away.
Dressing for Tarpon Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 11°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the night-time average
- About 1389.40 millimetres of rain falls on Tarpon Springs each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°C